02 February 2007

February events

Everywhere and everybody is talking about Valentine's Day. Well, I'm Portuguese and I don't really care about Valentine's Day. For me it’s a celebration of consumption. It doesn’t mean a thing. I apologize for all the romantic people out there… I am romantic but not in that way.
Did you know that in February a lot of people celebrate Carnival? This year it will be on the 20th. People wear costumes and party all day and night for three days. It is a celebration of joy and fun.
Also, the Chinese New Year will be celebrating on the 18th. By the Chinese calendar, 2007 is the Year of the Pig (boar). I'm really looking forward to see the Chinese New Year’s parade.
Anyways, I just wanted to state that there's more to February than only Valentine's...

No comments:

Post a Comment